Old Ledbury Girls School The Southend

Girls School The Southend

Girls School The Southend

1704
Endowed by Mrs Elizabeth HALL, built with residence for mistress in 1704 and educates 30 girls.



1902
Head Mistress - Miss Emily Jane PICKARD



1910
Later under the control of the BIDDULPH Family it was rebuilt in handsome style, and re-established as a School of Domestic Economy.



1916
New School of Domestic Economy



Date Unknown

[Girls School Classroom]



Sources
1914 - 1919 Ledbury Guardian Newspaper - Herefordshire History
1916 Tilley's Almanack
Photographs are credited to the owners
Comments are from members of the Old Ledbury Facebook Group
Cuttings from Ledbury Reporter newspapers