The ancient grammar school is incorporated with the RUSSELL Endowed middle class boys' school in the Southend, founded in 1899, endowed by the late Mrs RUSSELL of Woodlands, Ledbury
It is an excellent institution, which gives free, or partly free, education to a number of the sons of middle-class parents.
Head Master - Frederic William WADE, Assistant Manager - George Henry MEACOCK
Ledbury Guardian Newspaper 29-08-1914
Oxford Local Examinations
The successful seniors were : C.B. HILL (Russell Endowed School).
Ledbury Guardian Newspaper 07-11-1914
Donation Central Fund
The pupils of this school, with the kind assistance of Mr. S. F. FELL (O.B.), who is on service in the Royal Fusiliers, have sent a donation of £2.8s.9d to the Central Fund, for the relief of the Belgian victims of the war.
Head Master - F W WADE. M. A.
1914 - 1919 Ledbury Guardian Newspaper - Herefordshire History
1916 Tilley's Almanack
Photographs are credited to the owners
Comments are from members of the Old Ledbury Facebook Group
Cuttings from Ledbury Reporter newspapers